Building Your On-Site Pathology Lab
Space and Staff
Two components are necessary to build your lab.
- Histology/setup Lab, require 600 Square Foot.
- Microscopy room, require 150 Square Foot.
Professionals necessary to run your lab
- Lab Assistant
Location to be provided by you and staff to be hired with MDC (Molecular Diagnostics Consultants) guidance and training.
- Instrumentation- we can work with new instruments or secondary market instruments. (histology)
- MDC will provide the technical set-up for the instruments and validate and train the staff working with lab instruments.
- MDC will negotiate and set-up for instrument reagent agreements with vendors if needed.
- MDC will arrange for lab validation and regulatory compliance.
- MDC pathologists will provide with a second opinion at no charge for one year.
- The partnership lab will be fully operational within 3 months of contract signage.
- Initial instrument investment or monthly instrument lease payment.
- MDC Laboratory build-up fees.
- Monthly reagents and stains charge.
- Monthly Pathologist, Histotech and lab assistance salaries’.
- Total cost = Amount of stains and the size of the lab.